Friday, July 9, 2010

Eternal Thoughts


God continues to amaze me each and every day. I am so proud of my cousin. He is so focused and knows that he is living his life for Jesus Christ. God's timing is so perfect! I have not talked to him in a while, but I thank God for reuniting me with my cousin on facebook. He is planning on becoming an architectural designer. Lord God, may you direct his paths in your precious Son, Jesus name.

This economy today throws so many curve balls and rainy days at you, but we as Christians are called to be steadfast and unmovable when doing God's will. I am so amazed that God can chose ANYONE to carry out His will (Acts 9), and how the Bible answers any questions that we, God's children, may ask. Going down the straight path (Matthew 7: 13-14) may be tough, but there is an eternal reward waiting for us in the end. Just when we are about to throw in the towel, He comes in and sends a major blessing above and beyond what we may ask or think.

We are in a period of God's grace. As the poet Prophet states in his poem, A Time for Change, "Some of you don't study for a test until the very last day, and trying to reach heaven the exact same way". What a strong statement so profound and relevant for today. I pray that we as God's children can stand up and have integrity in our work places, discretionary time with friends and family, and at church. It's it time to pick up the cross and live the life we are required to live in Christ Jesus. I pray that we as Christians get on one accord, and allow Christ to be the center of our lives. "For if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things things are passed away; behold, all things become new"(2 Corinthians 5:17).

As you reflect on the price Jesus Christ paid for us on the cross to have a more abundant life, what thoughts, feelings, or emotions do you have?

Be Blessed!

No comments: