Thursday, June 19, 2008

Are you a "milk drinker" or a "beef eater"?

After reading Hebrews 5:12-14, I describe my level of spiritual maturity as good because I know how to discern between good and evil. I consider myself to be a beef eater, because I understand the difference between good and evil. Babies can only drink milk because they can not eat whole foods, just as a milk drinker can not tell the difference between what is good and what is evil. Now if I had to rank my level of spiritual maturity on a 1(low) to 10(high) scale, I would give myself an 8 because I know I am still growing spiritually but there is still much more I have to experience and learn in the spirit. I notice a change and the difference when I am put in situations which have me to use my conscience to help decide whether the situation is good or bad. An easy way to tell if something is evil is this: "If it is something that you would not do in front of your parents, assuming that they are beef eaters, then it is probably something that will lead you down a path of sin."

No comments: